napp – GET HOME SAVE
The conceptual development of the app „snapp“ is based on the idea that people who are alone on their way home in the evening or at night are guaranteed more security.
Pia is a student and finances her studies by working in a pub at night. Often, her shift ends at around 4.00 am. Since public transportation is no longer available at that time, she either takes her bike or walkes home by herself. To feel safer she often tries to call friends on the way home but especially during the week she can rarely reach anyone at this time. The app „snapp“ helps her to compensate the lack of security in such situations. It allows her to search for a safe route in the app (size and lighting of the streets),
record her path, store her routes in the system, as well as defining emergency contacts that will be notified automatically in case she does not check in that the selected destination.
Additionally available are two emergency functions which are triggered by movements:
1. A strong shake of the smartphone causes a loud alarm sound.
2. Pressing the home button for five seconds activates an emergency call to the police.
Procedure in the context of concept development:
– Defining and understanding the problem
– Capturing the problem: personal experience, experience of friends, family eg.
– Documentation and clustering of the central findings
– Research of existing solutions – analysis and optimization potential
– Definition of key features
– Prototypical development of the user navigation flow
– Usability tests with volunteers
– Evaluation of the test run
– Final preparation
See the full documentation here: snapp_app_concept