KoGeGa (Collection Design Game /Kollektions-Gestaltungs-Game) is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) intended to serve students of the Fashion Design program as a practice simulation. By the strong reference to real practice procedures, the students are offered the opportunity to get an idea of what is potentially asked from them in their the future career as a fashion designer.
The format, which separates itself from role play, simulation game and media simulation, is used in the project „Kogega“ as an innovative solution tool for game-based learning. The players go through the process of designing the collection in cooperation with a fictitious company and are involved in the event via the use of various media channels.
Contributors: 11 students (Intermedia Design)
Sponsors: ESPRIT Europe GmbH, Nikolaus Koch-Foundation Trier, Media Structural Fund of the Center for Innovation & Continuing Education e.V. Trier
Project duration: 1.5 years
The game development took place in close cooperation with the Department of Fashion Design.
The following aspects came into play during development:
– Comprehensive research and analysis on Alternate Reality Games
– Acquisition of subject-specific knowledge of fashion design and general production and marketing processes
– Classification of the target group
– Analysis and development of the teaching claim
– Research on different company forms and structures
– Development of a game story (characters, company, company image)
– Calculation of the workload per player
– Conceptual development of the gameplay in interaction of teaching content and story
– Organization and implementation of various playtestings
– Conceptual and visual design of the companies CI
– Development of a game platform for implementation and support
– Development of a company homepage and that of a partner company
– Scattering of various information in the network
– Care of the finances
– Organization of various media productions
– Coordination within a team